Sony FS5 detailed presentation by Alistair Chapman and much more!

sudopera

Just carrying on from my last post... if Slog3 in XAVC-L on the FS7 is anything to go by, this function will be a complete waste of time on the FS5. 

I had to switch the FS7 to XAVC-L at the end of the shoot because card space was very low and I needed more time fast. I was shooting a bunch of elderly women rocking out on electric guitars and behind them was some stripy wallpaper. Stripes were quite thick (not thin). Scene was lit with high key light, crystal clear. 

The women looked ok, but the background wallpaper was absolutely horrendous. It has like someone had badly drawn Tetris bricks onto the wallpaper and got sick over it. The same thing was apparent on a wooden dressing table. It was like it had turned into an 8-bit Nintendo SNES dressing table. Using this codec with Slog3 is a huge no!

I hope for FS5 buyers it is better. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs