Lens Upgrade Path Help

/p/

I recently bought a GH3 so I won't be "upgrading" any time soon but, shooting video is something I'd like to do long term (I'v had mild success so far getting a job as a camera operator - I don't use the GH3 for this job) so I'm trying to think of what I can get that I can use now but that I will also be able to use in the future. I'v bought a few Panasonic lenses which I like but I am reluctant to buy the more expensive lenses as I'll have to sell them when I'm ready to move up to something better. 

I can't afford anything like Zeiss CP.2's but I was wondering if there were any older manual focus lenses that are popular among videographers that I could adapt to my GH3 now but would also be beneficial to have down the track if and when I buy something similar to an FS100 etc. 

I know you can pretty much adapt any glass but is any particular set more popular among video shooters?

Or, should I just go with the Panasonic lenses and if I need too sell them down the track. I know there is the AF100, but I remember reading that due to poor sales and large price drops the future of that system is unclear. 

Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I see people using Nikkors quite a bit. Canon FD, Olympus OM, and Contax Zeiss get thrown around as well. For sheer performance/dollar, the Rokinon 24/35/85mm primes are great (I own the 35mm and it owns all day every day). All depends on how much you want to throw down on a lens/lens set.

Have you read Andrews GH2 guide? There's a good list of lenses in there that isn't really GH2 specific. As said, check out the Samyang/Rokinon Cine lenses. The new SLR Magic stuff is great, but gets up there in price. Of course there's some great legacy FD lenses out there as well. I'd say find your budget and desired focal length then go from there.

Just go for things that work with at least APS-C (Super 35) sized sensors. That way you aren't stuck to using mini sensors if you choose to change to a different camera. I love Contax Zeiss,  but when I bought mine they weren't quite so foolishly expensive as they are now.

Olympus OM are severely under-rated. I'd go for some of them.