Panasonic 4K Win8 20inch tablet @ CES 2013

Leang

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

8 doesn't look great for desktops, but I'd rather that than try and use 7 on a tablet ;)

I've never really bothered with 8's new view, and in every Windows I set the appearance for performance.  However, having early generations of iPad's and an Android tablet I'd like a run with 8 on a tablet as I would make more sense out of it vs. a mouse.  However apps are more important than interface.

8 literally offers NOTHING of value over 7. It's more restrictive and controlling than ever, and it's only going to get worse with the growth of Microsofts first party online stores. If you value user options don't buy into Apple and Microsoft for everything. Look into Linux based stuff too.

8 literally offers NOTHING of value over 7. It's more restrictive and controlling than ever, and it's only going to get worse with the growth of Microsofts first party online stores. If you value user options don't buy into Apple and Microsoft for everything. Look into Linux based stuff too.

Isn't it a one click- and windows 8 becomes the windows 7 interface?

Isn't it a one click- and windows 8 becomes the windows 7 interface?

You can regain some of the old interface elements, but even if you could regain all of them it would still be a step backwards. The core problem with Windows 8 isn't the interface, as bad as metro is.