Must Read: Understanding your camera: Shane Hurlbut***

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The video isn't linking so try this: copy into your browser:  vimeo.com/55472434  then place in front https://

I went on my laptop this morning and the video does link thru vimeo and this site.  I was using my other system yesterday, which has Windows 8, and it must have been blocking the link?  Hmmm.

Here's the score:

Shane used a light meter to keep the exposure consistent through every Iso. Keeping the shutter angle the same, but dialing down the lighting, and T-stop on the lens to compensate for the increased sensitivity in the higher Iso’s.

It was a good test in my books.  Cheers.

• Administrators

The clue is in the term 'LOW light'. You need to test CMOS sensors in situations of under exposure and dim lighting. A well exposed area of the image is much cleaner at, say ISO 12,800, than a shadow area. If the whole frame is well exposed with no shadows, and under strong studio lights, the results aren't accurate.

You can see with the GH2... Set it to ISO 3200 and operate it in day light. Clean as a whistle.