A couple of Iscorama 36 vids I took recently

richg101

[url="http://www.vimeo.com/meltingbloke/videos"]http://www.vimeo.com/meltingbloke/videos[/url]

the first two are the new ones.  a few old ones too.  almost like a public service announcement for those who have not tried matching zeiss to their iscoramas.  Contrary to what a lot of people say, I think it is quite nice using razor sharp lenses with the Iscorama.  It seems to like them, and doesnt affect charpness very much at all..  Though these vids are more to show flare characteristics, previous videos show the zeiss/isco combo's sharpness more obviously.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks really really good - are these your Rollei lenses?

Who says you shouldn't use Zeiss/Sharp lenses with an Iscorama - absolutely nuts!

The image you're getting from your Nex is so nice.

I now regret getting rid of my old Zeiss lenses, especially for colour & contrast - my 2 Takumars are great, sharp too & the Russians hold their own against most things (& the preset apps are a blessing).

hey Phil.

yep its the rollei lenses.  perfect to hold the weight of the isco36 due to all metal, over engineered in germany:)

There seems to be a lot of people who disregard sharp affordable lenses for similarly priced glass of less quality - and seem to be under the impression sharpness lacks soul.  I think its nice to show just how sharp the isco can go, even at apertures wider than f2.8.  i still get amazed how well it copes.  I am in love with the nex5n.  the flat portrait profile is really good.  I'm always hesitant to do too much cc and levels if the image is exposed properly - I just love the flatness,  If they ever hack it and give us a few extra mb/s's I can see this being a killer little system.    

I'm currently looking at m39 Russian glass myself (Jupiter, etc) as a replacement to the zeiss in order to shed a 10-20mm off the total lens length.  Using some rangefinder glass will allow me to move the lens a lot closer to the sensor and shorten the total lens length.  I'll keep the zeiss for scripted stuff but will use the jupiters for fun stuff. 

The sharp lens debate really becomes void once you project your footage on a larger screen - you need it to be as sharp as you can get once you project it at a decent size.

I've had to go the other way with my 54, just too scared a small lens without support is going to break apart.

If you're after smaller lenses then Takumars are the smallest i've found & sharp from wide open with my 54 - some say they give a modern look, but i don't think so.

If you're after Jupiter lenses, i've got a few you could try out before you take the plunge - i'm in Bristol so we could always meet up.

stu

The sharp lens debate really becomes void once you project your footage on a larger screen - you need it to be as sharp as you can get once you project it at a decent size.

I've had to go the other way with my 54, just too scared a small lens without support is going to break apart.

If you're after smaller lenses then Takumars are the smallest i've found & sharp from wide open with my 54 - some say they give a modern look, but i don't think so.

If you're after Jupiter lenses, i've got a few you could try out before you take the plunge - i'm in Bristol so we could always meet up.

stu

Hey Stu.

cheers for the offer.  We do need to hook up soon.   I bet it is a worry having the 54 hanging off the end of a small lens.  the 36 is heavy enough!