BMC/Davinci Resolve workflow Presentation

Germy1979

John Brawley and Giles Livesky show a raw workflow with the BMC in Resolve 9. Granted I'm curious what kind of Nuclear fusion processor is being used to show raw dng grades in real time, this shows a little bit of the massive potential of these 2 together.. (BMC, Resolve). It sucks, because the Gh3 looks like it might be amazing at half the price. With the other $1700 from the BMC plus the $500 on SSD's, that's a couple of nice lenses, or one really nice lens, heliopan nd, z finder, etc.. All good investments.

However there is a holy shit moment here at 12:05 in:

https://vimeo.com/49667411

I mean, damn.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Good link..thanks for uploading....

I'm going with the BMC and don't expect to look back on the decision, especially now after reading the initial reports from Photokina.

Regarding SSD, you need to factor in the the cost of CF, SD cards and subtract that from the SSD costs. I'm looking at a Lexar 32GB UDMA 400X CF 60MBs (AUD$172.00) and comparing that to a Kingston V+200 240GB SSD 535MBs currently listed 'new' at AUD $185.00. I'd rather buy the SSD drives and feed them to the BMC.

I'm not experiencing any system problems playing DNG files in realtime on my two year old Win 7 64bit Intel i7 PC. I hand-picked each of the components from off the shelf for use with another system intensive photographic process.

• 2 months later...