Sony A7000, kills everything else in the market?

wolf33d

If this is true, then we got a champ. 
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr3-sony-a6xxxa7xxxx-has-a-new-backlit-sensor-and-rgbw-pixel-array/#disqus_thread
My personal opinion:
It will indeed do 4K @ 60fps and become the best 4K cam until the A7SII is unveiled either at same time either in a few months with same 4K60FPS but on Full Frame sensor. 

Now I don't care about 4K @ 60fps, too much data for me. 
I prefer 4K24p and 1080p clean for slow mo. 
The question is does 4K @ 60fps means a clean 240fps mode in 1080p (even for 5sec max)? If yes, then the camera is a killer. Basically a FS700 for 1200$ and super small.... I can dream. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've been looking forward to the A6100/A7000 for a while now.

My problem with M43 lies with the crop sensor that makes it struggle to get: great lowlight performance, shallow depth of field and wide angle of view. I wish we could just set the ISO to 3200 or 6400 and not worry about any significant degradation whatsoever. That's not an insane need. Demanding great 102400 is. I wish we didn't have to resort to focal reducers, or f/0.95 glass that's soft wide open, even though they do an awesome job. On another note... not the greatest for photography/hybrid use.

My problem with fullframe lies with the fact you need your glass to cover it. That means: big chunky lenses. It's that fullframe is the priciest way to go (except for cinema line cameras).

Sure you could use your fullframe exclusively in APS-C mode... but then you might as well get an APS-C camera... Now the NX1 is APS-C sized and is great, but the native offering and lens adaptability doesn't blow me away. The NX1 is really the first thing from Samsung where they're really managing to pull it of... but since it's more or less the first... and the first one to do H265... it's a little too experimental/immature for my taste.

Sony has come a long way with the NEX and then the Alphas. The Nikon D5300/D5500 are great APS-C choices as well... but in 2015 I just don't want to work with an optical viewfinder and mirror anymore... it's terrible for a hybrid shooter wanting to work in liveview. The Alpha line gives you all the mirrorless bells and whistles with that 24MP sensor (which is quite a pleasant step up from the 16MP 43rds sensor). Great liveview experience... peaking... etc. Not to mention you can use the viewfinder for recording. The Alphas have a decent native offering, but mostly great lens adaptability. The APS-C sized sensor is a great middle ground when looking for something that's compact and flexible, still has great performance and offers great value/is priced attractively. S35 is something we're all used to seeing to begin with. It really seems the ideal pick. Just... the A5100/A6000 weren't quite there yet. Cameras like the GH4 and G7 still give them a run for their money when it comes to video features. But... if they take some of the features of the new RX100IV, RX10M2 and A7RII without being afraid of hurting their sales, to put features like it in a APS-C mirrorless, would just be golden. Compact. Affordable. Feature rich. I would love when they had something mirrorless APS-C. Perhaps even a little heftier body than we're used to from a Sony Alpha, but for that giving us: internal 4K, HFR, great codec and features... intuitive menu structure... great sensor performance at ISO6400? With in-body stabilization ((cine)primes, third party lenses with dummy adapters)? Vari-angle touch display (that's quite a biggie for me)? Complete audio interface? Dual cardslot? Awesome battery life?

But there's a lot of speculation out there. God knows what they'll actually come up with. But might be a lot of folks with a GH4/BMPCC background (myself for example), that would jump aboard the APS-C Sony train if they manage to pull off something competitive like that. Sure the GH5 could come around at some point... but it will be hard to beat a Sony APS-C camera given the sensor advantage.

Anyways. Best not to get too excited yet. Time will tell.

The A7000 was due in spring (official leaked sony roadmap) but did not come because of heating issue. 
If it would do 4K internal at 30fps only, then it would no be an issue (A7RII does it, and it is 42mpx FF) so the only answer is that they want 4K60fps and have heating issue. 
Let's hope it means 4K60fps, and if yes, then .... let's pray for clean 240fps mode. 

If it does at least 120fps 100% clean and 240fps 90% clean like RX100IV, then it saves me 950$ from buying RX100IV, and it does it with a bigger nicer sensor (don't like the 1" DoF look)....