Full Frame lenses with Speed Booster on GH5

Timoteo

I have decided on the GH5 after some considerations. I am looking at Full Frame EF mount lenses combined with the Speed Booster XL on the GH5. Since I have used the Rokinon Cinema primes in the past, I am considering buying a set of them, perhaps the Sigma Art 24-70mm f2.8 zoom lens and the Atomos Ninja Inferno. Does anyone have experience using this combination? Recommendation are needed.

I am using this camera for promotional videos and short documentaries for small businesses and institutions in West Africa.

I own audio and lighting equipment already.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Timoteo,

I have the GH5 and the Speed Booster XL and have used several different lenses with this setup. The GH5 has not seen so much action yet, but that's because it's just in my posession. 

I have however shot with the GH3 for 4 years and during the first year I have used  Samyang / Rokinon (same lenses, different name) extensively. I've owned the 16mm f2.0 /35mm f1.4 / 85mm f1.4. Mind you, I had the 'photo' versions, not the cine versions.
Here is a short film I did with those lenses. I was very happy with them and I still have the 85mm f1.4. It's golden for video and I like the long focus throws of the lenses and how they look and feel. I think the only difference between the photo and cine versions is the housing and the focus and aperture rings. You can't go wrong with either I think.

The only reason for selling the 16mm and the 35mm is because I mainly shoot weddings now, and I needed a zoom lens for that which became the Sigma 18-35 f1.8. I still use the 85mm often and it's teriffic!

https://vimeo.com/79220862