GH3 eyecup?

luminescence

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 27-10-2014 at 4:11 AM, Cinegain said:

I once had to replace the GH2's eye cup, well actually the plate that holds the rubber eye cup. After a bit of research I found this: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Panasonic-Parts/Panasonic-Parts/Model-DMCGH2HK/0789/0500140/50039434/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=DMC-GH2HK .

I then mailed Panasonic asking them if and how/where I could get a hold of these parts (VGQ0Q78 & VGQ0S00). They pointed me to the officially licenced Panasonic service center that just so happened to coveniently be in town. I made them order it for me and a few days later it was ready to be picked up. Costs were close to nothing.

So, my recommendation: direct your question directly to Panasonic. Let them hook you up with a service center responsible for your geographic area and then ask those guys for possibilities and prices. Judging from the GH2 diagram and assuming the GH4 is not much different, the EVF itself seems to be quite the unit, so I doubt it will be as inexpensive as an eye cup. Also not sure if you could replace it yourself, and if not, you'll have to pay for servicing/manual labor... I'm afraid that might get quite pricey.

All the best!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-Panasonic-VYK6B43-Eye-Cup-For-Lumix-DMC-GH3-GH4-Camera-/222001230060 VYK6B43