Osmo or LX100+Beholder MS1?

Darren Shroeger

I am considering these two options for walking footage. I already own an LX100, and am happy with the footage it produces (also shoot a GH4+Sigma 18-35/Speedbooster) and the MS1 seems well liked. However the Osmo is newer tech and has a LOG profile. Also the 4th axis steadicam-like option is appealing for stabilizing the up down movement in walking footage. Thoughts, experiences, recommendations? Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, Darren Shroeger said:

I am considering these two options for walking footage. I already own an LX100, and am happy with the footage it produces (also shoot a GH4+Sigma 18-35/Speedbooster) and the MS1 seems well liked. However the Osmo is newer tech and has a LOG profile. Also the 4th axis steadicam-like option is appealing for stabilizing the up down movement in walking footage. Thoughts, experiences, recommendations? Thanks

If the x5 camera I would opt for the Osmo. 

X5r is insanely expensive, but I would prefer it (but at that cost... ?? Nope! Better other options). 

If you mean the X3 though as it appears.... nope nope, rather stick with the LX100.

Plus the other gimbal is more versatile and you can use it with other cameras too than the LX100.

However be prepared that it is not plug and play. I got my MS1 and although perfectly balancing it before starting the gimbals helps a lot, i still will have to spend some hours in fine tuning akward PID settings. Other people told me that and I was like "cant be that hard" - well it is. Only consider those devices if you have time to set them up.