Can the Gh4 Log Converter LUT translate over to the G&

alecphilippi

Hello all,
I'm a filmmaker based out of Wisconsin. I recently purchased the EOS to Log LUT pack with the GH4 guide and I'm seriously loving the results so far! I also just recently picked up a Panasonic G7 for a B cam. As I was trying to plug in the settings recommend for the Log converter I noticed the G7 doesn't include a master pedestal option in the menu. So, I was curious if anyone had any suggestions on a possible workaround for this so that I can ideally matchup the two cameras flawlessly. Any assistance would be much appreciated! I've also included some still frames of some stuff I shot using the Log converter for fun!

94 Bride Under.jpg

Ice Shark Teeth.jpg

Swans on Saint Croix.jpg

Saint Croix 2.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey, a fellow Wisconsinite! Greetings from Milwaukee! :d 

My understanding is that on full range 0-255 footage, pushing up the master pedestal simply takes the data at 0 and shoves it up to 15. Theoretically, you could just push up your blacks in post and achieve the same thing. 

But I tend not to mess with the master pedestal, so take that with a grain of salt.

( Great frames, btw! You're really making that grey winter light work for you.)