Kipon develops electronic EOS adapter

Simco123

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
Kipon's quality is below Metabones in my experience and they need to hide the wiring looms for final product, but if appropriately stocked and priced it could be a very useful adapter for GH2 owners until Metabones builds a better one :)

Interesting how Kipon decide to announce this when clearly still incomplete with wiring exposed right after Canon announced their EOS-M. Could their be some revearse engineering using the EOS-M to EF mount as a basis? It will most likely be cheaper than the Metabones and less than the EOS-M to EF adapter.

• Administrators
Unlikely engineering related, the timing is probably not a coincidence in terms of publicity reasons though. I really do hope it is not finished and they will tidy it up. I don't mind paying more for a higher end Kipon if they do a good job. Would be a shame to waste these Japanese custom electronics on a poor build.

Good luck to them! 1 eager customer waiting here.

looks like test models for testing just electronic connection. on one of them the wires cross straight over the path of the sensor. I want to put a 24-70 or 28-70mm L lens on my nex and the total cost including metabones is a bit expensive for me. wonder if they manage this version at sub £150..? Makes it more viable for me.