Deity DXTX Plug In Transmitter

KnightsFan

https://www.newsshooter.com/2024/04/15/deity-releases-dxtx-plug-in-transmitter-that-records-32-bit-float-and-transmits-simultaneously/

On paper this is exactly what I want. 32 bit float in a single channel plug on recorder, with batteries that can be replaced on set. And it integrates with their TC system! I've definitely grumbled about closed TC systems, but at least this one connects to everything without extra boxes. Unlike UltraSync blue requiring a separate box just to output LTC.

I'll wait for real world reviews and audio samples, but the DXTX looks like it will vastly simplify a boom setup for me.

The one design choice that seems pretty odd is that there is no headphone output. Looks like the only way to monitor this thing is with a THEOS receiver, which would be unfortunate. It would be nice if it were a standalone field recorder that you could use with just a mic and no other gear, or if it could be mounted on a mirrorless camera as the XLR adapter. Though in fairness, neither of those are the primary use case that I am excited to apply it towards.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah a headphone output would be nice, could use it as a quick and dirty back up, booming with just a cabled boom straight into the Deity recorder. But not a big deal it is "missing", as overall this is looking very appealing to me, might get one myself.