Focus Peaking for Nikon DSLR - Monitor or Ninja Blade

Andrew3

Looking for some feedback around options to get quality focus peaking with a Nikon DSLR.  I don't necessarily need the recording functionality of the Atomos right now but I may in the future so I'm considering it vs a monitor.  From a monitor standpoint I'm looking at the SmallHD AC7, which comes in at roughly 60% the cost of the Blade.  I know it's not fair to compare the two, screen size differences, the Blade has waveforms and other advanced features, etc.

Is focus peaking with the Blade "good enough" or does it make more sense to go with a Monitor instead?  I'm most concerned that the Blade doesn't have 1:1 punch-in.

If a Monitor any thoughts around the AC7 or other alternatives?  If I went the Monitor route I'd likely look at the Atomos Star down the road.  Not interested in Lilliput.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs