Samsung NX1 audio preamp question

Brother

Hi!

First of all. Long time reader but first time posting, thanks for a great forum!

My question is about the preamp in the NX1. Iv'e searched and looked everywhere and the only information about the audio quality from the mic-jack i could find is that it has one. Im planning on buying this camera but the lack of info on the preamp is the only thing holding me back. I know i can't expect wonders from it but i wouldn't mind if it were a bit better than my t3i. Planning on using it with a Rode Videomic Pro.

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So this is my experience with the rode videomic pro and gh4/samsung.

I didn't make a comparison gh4 vs NX1, as I feel the sound I'm getting from the rode videomic pro is really horrible unless being super close in a super quiet environment. I don't think that adding an external preamp improves the quality of the videomic pro. It is really made towards dslr users so wether its in camera preamp or external I feel like the sound is quite the same.

As for my experience I went from nx1 + rode videomic pro to nx1+ tascam (70-D) + rode ntg3. It is much bigger and more expensive. But I couldn't get much of a useable sound from the video mic pro unless in very specific conditions (speaking super closely + total noiseless room). So In the end it turned out that I would never use the video mic much. 

However if you're goal is just to have a little better sound that the camera mic, then I think its fine :)  Also the budget is very different, and it is a very important factor. For my personal taste I feel like 100€ for something I can't use is too expensive :o 

So this is my experience with the rode videomic pro and gh4/samsung...

​Thanks for your input! Should have mentioned that I own the Videomic Pro and i'm quite happy with the performance/price ratio. I would love an external recorder and a different mic but i feel the size of the rig wouldn't fit my style of shooting.

If you got the time i would really appreciate a sample of the NX1+Videomic Pro :)

You're welcome :)

Unfortunately right now I'm abroad shooting in north and south america - will be back in europe (home) in a week, then only will I be able to test really...

From the equipment I have here though, I can definitely say that there is a substantial difference between in cam recording (preamps) vs tascam recording (comparing the same audio.