I want to build my own variable diopter lens: Does anyone here know what is actually going on inside this hardware?

octoplex

I want to build a variable-diopter to sit in front of a vintage anamorphic cinema lens. The best off-the-shelf solution is no longer manufactured. It was the Rectilux Hardcore DNA. Does anyone know approximately what lens components are in this thing? My plan is to salvage similar lens elements from other high-quality, second-hand-lenses and then machine my own helicoid etc for focusing.

The problem is, I'm not sure what lens components I'm looking for precisely. Is there anyone here who can answer a few basic questions I have about the variable-diopter optics in this type of hardware? It would be greatly appreciated.

rectilux.jpg.998a576599f9afd30d15b68e91f02b78.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

UPDATE: I found this video showing how the Rectilux is physically put together, but what I'm struggling to understand is what the lens elements inside it are, and how would I go about salvaging closest-match lens components from (for example) wide-angle adapters etc — the larger, old Century Optics wide-angle adapters have been suggested to me as one potential donor source.

Can anyone shed any light on this?