enny

Hi guys i have canon 60d with ML raw hack i know its limited when it comes to raw. I am planing to shoot short film 2 min long and i am getting 20 sec of raw file at 1280x648 and S1 seating 30 sec 1280x720 i will be using my 2x anamorphic lens. My questions are if i should be shooting on raw or s1 or for me 20 sec is enough for a shoot as long as i plan it out i think it will work. My other question is when it comes to grading RAW or s1 file what should i be looking at when grading it what would be difference between raw s1 and h246 how would you starts grading your raw.

PS i also have professional monitor not for film but for graphic design and i have used i1Display Pro to calibrate my monitor to rec709 for best result

PPS i am alos shooting 16:9 when i switch to 4:3 i only get few seconds of recording on anyt of the setings i thought that 16:9 is higher then 4:3

Thanks guys for your help

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sorry to intrude your topic but what is S1?

If you shoot 16:9 you will have to crop -> wasting pixels.

1280x648 to get the same pixel amount in 4:3 you will have to set to 1051x788, set it to something aproximate. This would give you the same recording time and make you waste less pixels = more effective.