Can you hook up a DSLR to an external hdd via an sd to usb adapter ?

elvisvalentine

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
No, i have not really seen many different types of adapter but that mobiadapter is the sort of thing i expected there to be an abundance of.
I mean there must be something like that out there but instead of an normal usb2 port it has a mini usb2 port so you could just plug in an external hdd right? lol
If not i claim the patent right now:-)
It just seems like that would be a really obvious easy thing for longer recording times etc. i have a 1 tb drive that would easily fit next to my gh2. im not sure about transfer rates etc but isnt this a decent viable idea?
Cheers

• Administrators
A CF / SD to SSD drive adapter would be very interesting although 32/64GB is probably the limit of most camera I/O controllers, and speed certainly wouldn't be at the 500Mb/s mark that a SSD can achieve via SATA 3.

If the manufacturers got their fingers out, we'd have a SSD in a battery grip by now with 4K RAW going onto it from a 35mm sensor, with the body costing around $3K. All technically achievable but there isn't A) the margin B) the mass market. If they produced it for a niche it would be in smaller numbers so the margin on each unit would have to be higher to justify the support, R&D and overall endeavour.