Canon R6 , C70 or rumored C50 for optimal Youtube quality in 4K

Nigel

2 hours ago, herein2020 said:

Exporting to Prores won't improve anything, there's only so much you can do after starting with compressed LongGOP footage, its kind of like JPG, what you see is what you get. You can't take a JPG and convert it to a RAW image and suddenly get all the benefits of RAW....the information simply isn't there.

I know it won't improve anything but the idea behind is to give Youtube the best file in the hope they will encode it better and have a better result on Youtube. No idea if it actually works like this lol.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Nigel said:

I know it won't improve anything but the idea behind is to give Youtube the best file in the hope they will encode it better and have a better result on Youtube. No idea if it actually works like this lol.

I would just follow their guide below, The bitrate is the most important thing. If you go over their recommended bitrate for a particular resolution they will further compress the video until it matches their bitrate. Bitrate typically won't really make your footage sharper though, it will just improve areas like gradients, fast movement, etc and reduce compression artifacts.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en