Split a USB-C to record and control camera?

PrebenR

Hi

I have been searching the net, but have not managed to find any answer to my question. I have a Sigma fp and a Samsung t5 that I connect to the single USB-C port on the camera. I also have a Weebill-S and with the new firmware one could control the Sigma fp from the Weebill-S. I guess there is no way one can split the USB-C port and use it for both recording and controlling the camera? Sorry for the stupid question, but just trying to figure out my options.

Thanks in advance.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 minute ago, PrebenR said:

Hi

I have been searching the net, but have not managed to find any answer to my question. I have a Sigma fp and a Samsung t5 that I connect to the single USB-C port on the camera. I also have a Weebill-S and with the new firmware one could control the Sigma fp from the Weebill-S. I guess there is no way one can split the USB-C port and use it for both recording and controlling the camera? Sorry for the stupid question, but just trying to figure out my options.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not.

The camera can only have one role for the USB port at a time.

If you just want simple stop/start control then you can use the Sigma CR-41 wired remote which plugs into the mic port.

It has a mic input too so you don't lose the mic input on the camera when using it.

JJC do a compatible version of it which is £14.99 which is less than half the price of the Sigma version.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Shutter-Release-Remote-Mirrorless/dp/B087RFY89R