Premiere Pro Project Manager Question

HockeyFan12

I'm trying to consolidate a Premiere Pro project to move onto another drive.

I was not very careful in my naming convention and for a number of shots the file names are redundant (more than a few files named 4.mov). I've noticed that Premiere gets confused and only sometimes will it copy files properly. In other cases it will reference the incorrect 4.mov and the consolidated projects I've moved to an external disk will be missing clips with the wrong clips in their place.

Any easy way to address this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: posted this in the wrong forum I think, feel free to move to the correct one...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The most reliable solution I've found is to identify the correct clip in your finder/explorer, change the name of the source file, and then reattach the media in the PP project using that new name.  Not sure how many clips you have with this issues, but it's a one-clip-at-a-time fix, can be a tedious chore.

I made this mistake a few times early on with Premiere too.