A lens to make Anamorphic redundant?

JohnBarlow

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

you should try Schneider projection lenses John they are stunning

I have a 65, 70 80 90 and 100mm all modded to work on Micro 4/3 with heliciods

they are as good as any PL mount Cinema lens and very cheap!!

all f2 fully open

you must have a bunch of these knocking around off the back of your Schneider anamorphics - give em a go

Hi Andy,

I have the complete set of those from 24mm to 100mm in 2.5mm increments, also some older Cine Xenons in longer focal Lengths and some hard to find 65mm format Imax lenses. All of which are F2

The Visionar ist F1.6/100mm -  a completely different animal, the Emil Busch series are good too.

cool

do try the Schneiders as you already have them the bokeh is superb

Its the Double Gausss flat field which makes them superb ;)

Did you know that the SK Cine Xenon for filming use the same glass and formulae?

They just fitted an iris behind the front glass element :)

Also now available for FF

https://www.schneideroptics.com/xenonff-prime/

I was talking with Van Deman in Novemeber about then rehousing some Schneiders for me , as mine work but well but its all tape spacers and helicoids , heath robinson style . they shoot superb but look like Frankenstien lenses

Yes the glass is amazing in the Schneiders, you can fit small iris on the back of the projection lens and it works well.(off ebay iris)

I mainly use them for head shots and close ups as the bokeh is insane and at f2 its a 1 inch dof

Aslo you can use Magna Com with them so you can turn them into x  0.7 wider or x 0.7 longer and the Schneider Magna Com is virtually optically transparent - I cant tell any difference

so you end up with Cinema quality glass at a tiny price!!

ps John how much are those SK Cine Xenons  hey look superb !! I want one!! or two !! haha!

Iris in the boot vignettes above F4...

The Cine Xenons price list is on the link I gave, at those prices a decent lens tech can mod your cheapies from Darren, Yorkshire ;)

get 20 blade Iris from ebay ;)

I am producing the ultimate Guide ($29.95) fully illustrated details on how to make a top quality custom interchangeable mount system for them, to be released in the future.... 

Also get the Cinelux 2/24mm its a god lens......but hard to find you see more in US listings

so has this Carl Zeiss Visionair 109mm f1.6 projection lens got a iris built in?

some projection lens do have an iris - which is very useful for us recyclers onto dslrs

Goto to the link at top to see how Attila controls iris, I think he uses EOS/Nex with inbuilt iris, a G6 equal is prob available as well