UNIFIED 88 Time Limit?

tiedtothe90s

Does the Unified 88 Patch have a record limit?  I tried checking and unchecking the box for the 30 min limit, but I still only can record 12 minutes 30 seconds.  I tried two different brand cards (transcend/sandisk class 10), 24H,24L and HBR modes.  I'm using the ptools 3 with firmware 1.1.

VANILLA works fine.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
The higher quality patches are limited because of the size of the card and how much more image data they put on it.

It is the trade off - performance or clip length? I recommend Vanilla if you are doing continuous takes longer than 20 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
Strange thing here too.
GH2 with the unaltered unified patch applied to a 1.1 firmware.

a)
The patch says 90Mbps for video.
The resulting 14 second file has 39'896 kBit/s for it's video stream.
A resulting 59 second file    has 65'308 KBit/s for it's video stream.
It should have been 90000000Bit/s=87890KBit/s
(Identified with Windows Explorer, file-details.)

b)
The description of the patch says it uses I-Frames. But the settings.ini sets a GOP of 1.

c)
The camera says I have a recording limit of 48 minutes and 10 seconds on a newly formated 64GB card.

A 14 second clip is 72,4MB in length => 310MB/min.
So extrapolating from that I should have 3.43 hours at maximum bitrate on a newly formated 64GB card.

With 59s of recorded video, the card contains 468MB of data.
=>64G = 134min

Both way more then 48min.
So the file size is not what is causing this limit.

Bitrate vs. reported limit on 64GB (actually there is space for about 3x that much video)
90000000 => 0h48m10s => resulting bitrate 39'896 to 65'308 KBit/s
80000000 => 0h54m6s
70000000 => 1h01m
60000000 => 1h11m
45000000 => 1h35m        => resulting bitrate 22483kBit/s

I'm not the worlds most technical person but I followed the instructions for installing Unified 88 and I getting an average bit rate of 18 - 22 at HBR and its the same at 24p.  Just for the hell of it I did a little more research and when you install the patch with ptools my understand is you literally have to tick the box in the drop down menu "  patched for end users" to select high bit rate!. this was not explained in this link instructions http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault  call me stupid but if you dont select any options when you install the patch you dont make any changes.

I realize that this isn't about time limit. I installed the unified 88 on my GH2. No issues. I shot two videos and checked for bit rate. one was ~66Mbits/s and the other was ~77. Do you not get a constant 88Mbits/sec with the hack? I am a lay person when it comes to shooting video and the technical aspects of it, so pardon me if this sounds like a dumb question. Thanks in advance for your answers.