Bell & Howell 1590 Filmosound projector Anamorphic Lens

LincolnThorn

Hello!
Being a newer member, I have a question that you may be able to point me to some answers on.

I've recently started getting into Film collecting, but I am currently searching for a lens for my 16mm 1590 Bell & Howell Filmosound projector.

Talking to a few other collectors, I've been told my best bet would be to look for a Kowa 2X ANAMORPHIC adapter, which screws into the front of the prime lens in the projector. Still new to the market and a little unsteady about eBay, I was wanting to know where would be the best place to find one or if there is a better option. If you had any thoughts about lens for scope prints to Super 8mm projectors that would also be very appreciated!

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Lincoln Thorn

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

sounds almost criminal to buy a lens and not use it ?

i have never had any trouble with ebay,  but then other have nightmare stories, so six of one half a dozen of the other. i'd make sure the seller accepted returns and had 98-99% buyer satisfaction rating. i'd also message the seller asking for detail about the lens, the more you can pin them down on the better your chances are in a ebay dispute 

bell and howell would be quite popular i would imagine. Kowas certainly are, expect to pay a nice amount for one of them