Sony's new offerings cynical?

markm

From the 10 stops of the sony's Z100 4k with tiny sensor to the new RX10 It is clear they are trying to take us all to a new 4K low end so they can leave the cheap new 1080p high end as a bad distant memory with technology that they hope will leave the gap left open to the likes of Atomos Convergent design and BMD in the distance so they can once again get back to the separate pro/consumer incremental upgrades of yesteryear. I won't mention companies like kinefinity (Overpriced) or the resurrected ikonoskop (Elitist) as their market strategy is limited by their pricing.

I expect all new cameras will soon be hack proof and come with there own media.

A cynical answer to consumer demands all on the back of BMDs silence and inability to talk to its customers means they could well get away with a return to the bad old days.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Lucky for Sony BMD are treating customers badly and cant get the cameras out in numbers, keep promises or talk to people.

I also think at this moment for the lower end Panasonic are actually the best of the bunch and probably because they got left behind and never bothered to catch up with a Panasonic af100 replacement which lets face it the only option left was true 10 bit out and higher resolution which would have cleaned up especially if they put compressed raw like cineform to SD cards and lets face it any of the Japanese companies could do this and we all know they wont and we all know why.

I think for sheer audacity Canon took the biscuit with their C line of 8 bit overpriced DSLR hi breds but lets face it, Sony don't even come with a sense of humour.