4K for £4k - full resolution sample frames from the JVC HMQ10

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[html]

[img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jvc-4k.jpg[/img]

Here are some frame grabs from the JVC HMQ10 4K camera which is the first semi-pro 4K camera, that breaks under the £4K mark.

The frame size is 3840×2160 and it is the biggest step up in resolution yet seen for video standards.

4K makes the difference between 720p and 1080p seem minuscule!

[url="http://www.eoshd.com/content/7425/4k-for-4k-sample-frames-from-the-jvc-hmq10/"]Read full article[/url]

[/html]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I said the same thing.  I find no real fault with this camera system.  Nitpicking this camera's flaws is like discounting Adrianna Lima cuz she's not as perfect as the photo shopped pictures.  I mean really?  That is plenty good looking enough for me.  :)

There has to be some level of reasonable expectation when we start judging these cameras, rather than dealing only in absolute terms of perfection verses great value.  I think we have some great film making tools at low prices already and just have to work around some rather minor limitations.  This camera seems to me to give a great level of image quality for a very affordable price.  It's the closest thing to 4K for everyone so far.

I actually don't know how much hope to hold out for the Canon C4K.  It's just a feeling I get that it will either end up being too expensive or dumbed down in some way that makes us disappointed.  I hope i'm wrong cuz I think that's the camera many thought RED was going to make before they abandoned the low end crowd.