A6500 AF-C focus not working in M Mode?

Dustin

Can someone perhaps help me on the a6500. I’ve had this camera for about 6 months and have been loving it. Originally I did as @Andrew Reidsuggests in his guide to set 2 modes up under M for 24p/120p to enable use of photo capability. At some point I overwrote those settings from video mode because when I switch to m for photos, the AF-C sometimes doesn’t work at all and only focuses with a half press of the shutter, instead of automatically focusing. Have I setup something wrong? In other words, video in m mode is unusable with af-c focus not working correctly. It’s very annoying because it was working perfectly at first and I have no idea what setting I’ve adjusted. Help?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ok last attempt here: if I could describe it, when I’m in movie mode, the af-c transition is smooooth as butter. When I switch to M mode, no other settings are changed, it sometimes will work fine, then after about 3-5 minutes it can’t focus or if it does, it’s a very jarring focus despite being just fine in movie setting! Then when I half press the shutter will focus but will not return to whatever else is in focus.

This is just so jarring, especially because it works fine in movie mode! I know some of you have mentioned shooting in manual even Andrew mentioned it but on my camera the AF-C doesn’t seem to be working correctly in M photo mode. Can anyone help!