A6500 AF-C Help

Dustin

Help Needed!

Ive been shooting with my A6500 all week on vacation and must have adjusted something wrong somewhere! 

I have both memory modes set to 1 & 2 with one being 4K 24p the other being 1080p 120fps. After mainly shooting on EOSHD pro color I’m finally giving pro log a work out. I’m loving the results. Unfortunately, today for some reason AF-C appears to not be working. In movie mode set to wide focus it automatically picks everything up. In M mode or my custom 1 mode, it won’t focus and will only focus with the shutter. I’ve tried adjusting a lot of settings. Any clues to get it to focus like in movie mode? I don’t think I’ve changed any af settings? Maybe I did?

edit: the af settings are normal and standard nothing crazy. Any help is appreciated!!

edit 2: also when switching to manual focus,  it is now automatically zooming in; any idea how to turn this off?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Update: I’ve redone my custom settings but from video mode not photo mode. In manual mode the autofocus is still only working with shutter press or if automatic it’s uncinematic. I have no idea what setting I’ve changed but highly annoying! Any ideas?

Focus pulling in movie mode and my custom mode is perfect however because the custom modes have now been remade from movie mode I can’t take photos. If anyone has any clue what setting I’ve hit from the gazillion setting options I’d love your help. Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Can't you just reset the whole camera and sort of start over? I did that several times with Sony cameras. They Have too damn many things to fiddle with you can Really get them F uped!

This new BM PK4 will probably be a damn nice breath of fresh air for how simple it will be!

I could but ahh I’d rather not. That will be a last resort. It’s really odd. Like in manual mode it’s almost doing af-s style focusing with the shutter only. Idk. Hopefully I don’t have to reset it. If any of the above makes sense let me know. Otherwise I guess yeah I’ll just reset and go through everything again :(