[Adobe workflow] GH5 10bit -> reduce size

Aquilasfx

Hello,

I used for a work my new GH5, as Nikon user I used in the past my D800 to do the same work, many videos+interviews to be edited to compose a little video for youtube and websites.

I shoot 10bit 1080 4:2:2 200mbps v-log, I would like (after the applied lut and color correction) to reduce the size, but leave me the possibility to edit these clips (no colors) , cut/compose/effects to arrive at the final video for youtube and screen, without lose quality (8 bit was good).

thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I may be misunderstanding, but it seems you want to transcode each original clip to a lower file size, which you might use at a later date to make new edits?

Unfortunately, every time you transcode, you will lose some quality. It's up to you to determine how much you can lose and have it still be acceptable, since the only way to avoid losing quality is to keep the originals. So the question is, how much space do you want to save? Do you want to clips to take up half the space? A quarter?

In general, you will want to use a space-efficient codec with the maximum bitrate you can. A 50mbps H.265 file will most likely be indistinguishable from the original. If I were you, I'd conduct a few tests with different encoding options, and then compare the smaller files to the originals to find the optimum size/quality that you like.