Best reference monitor under $1000

redimp

Hey guys! I am looking for a 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 panel and I have $1000 max. I'm OK buying a used monitor.

I will connect it to Ultra Studio Mini Monitor. The footage I'm working with is actually not HD (1440p or 4k), but as far as I know Ultra Studio Mini Monitor can only output HD.

I do have another display to check sharpness, etc (5k iMac), so I'm fine if the footage is interpolated, so maybe it's ok to get say a 1440p monitor and output HD to it from Davinci?

I work in Resolve Studio and my main delivery is youtube. I have i1 probe and would use CalMan software to calibrate the monitor. I will use it in sRGB or REC709. 

Great bonus would be if the monitor can store the 3D LUT.

I need to buy a monitor ASAP for a pending project, but am afraid I am going to do a stupid thing and in a hurry will buy an outdated tech or just a bad panel in general.

So I think I'm looking at 8bit or 8bit+frc panels that can store 3D luts. There's SONY 2110W that someone recommended that is $700 but it's a TFT panel and I found threads dating back to 2012 talking about this monitor, so it feels like a pretty outdated tech. 

Maybe there's something solid someone can recommend?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If (but I'm not) I was going hardcore (but still doing it on the ultra cheap "indie" budget) into color grading then I'd be buying an OSEE (or FSI if I could swing it) as my personal grading monitor.

Plus some "cheap" (but decently good. OLED) BIG screen from JB HiFi (our local big box retailer, also over in Australia, but pick whatever is appropriate for your country... "Walmart"?) with the BMD Teranex with a reverse LUT as the set up for the client monitor.

Together with either a Tangent Ripple or Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel.