Polariser + ND combo SONY E

BLACKOUT

Just want to ask the community if any of you with SONY E Mount lens have had any progress with a combination of either a fixed ND strength and polariser combined into one unit ,or variable ND and polariser  combination into one unit?  (Does this type of combination even exist?).

Just ran into a whole world of pain with B&W variable ND then trying to screw on polariser for effect on tropical waters,cross polarisation effect ruined all hope of keeping shutter and aperture low for midday exposure .

Been through a search and got some ideas from this forum,but would like to throw it out there for any other opinions?

Body being used is the A7R MK2 in full frame mode .

Money to purchase is of no concern.

I have only e mount lens.

Thanks everyone in advance!!!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I use a polarizer + variable ND on certain lenses with an A7R2 but I can't recall if I did it on any full-frame lenses.  e.g. right now I have a Hoya circular polarizer on a Zeiss 24mm 1.8 (APS-C lens) with a fairly cheap Polaroid variable ND.  Worked fine.  I think I also ran the same combo on my Zeiss 55mm 1.8 (also full frame).  I did run into problems with a polarizer + variable ND on my Sony 10-18mm f4 (also APS-C) because it's so wide angle that with both stacked on the front it had some visible vignetting.

What's the exact problem you're having?  Don't think I understand what the 'cross polarisation effect' you describe is.

Adding a polarizer to a variable ND is basically stacking 3 polarizers together which is unlikely to be without problems. I'd use a fixed ND filter to get your exposure right and then a polarizer to get the reflection reduction effect. In any filter stacking situation it's advisable to use multi coated filters and a good lens shade. This applies to any lens and is not anything specific to an E-Mount lens.

4 hours ago, tellure said:

I use a polarizer + variable ND on certain lenses with an A7R2 but I can't recall if I did it on any full-frame lenses.  e.g. right now I have a Hoya circular polarizer on a Zeiss 24mm 1.8 (APS-C lens) with a fairly cheap Polaroid variable ND.  Worked fine.  I think I also ran the same combo on my Zeiss 55mm 1.8 (also full frame).  I did run into problems with a polarizer + variable ND on my Sony 10-18mm f4 (also APS-C) because it's so wide angle that with both stacked on the front it had some visible vignetting.

What's the exact problem you're having?  Don't think I understand what the 'cross polarisation effect' you describe is.

With the two filters stacked it had purple cast to frame edges then purple in the middle 

2 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Adding a polarizer to a variable ND is basically stacking 3 polarizers together which is unlikely to be without problems. I'd use a fixed ND filter to get your exposure right and then a polarizer to get the reflection reduction effect. In any filter stacking situation it's advisable to use multi coated filters and a good lens shade. This applies to any lens and is not anything specific to an E-Mount lens.

Yes I Thought its safe to use as well,but took a small run of  video and on replay ,looked very sick.

Didnt bother with stills to see if it duplicated..