Christmas Camera Purchase: What would you do if you were me?

Jadesroom

I'm presently invested in an A7Sii, an A6500, and emount lenses. I like what I have an don't want to trade them in; however, I'd also like the form factor and options of a dedicated video camera. So, thinking three months down the line, do you think I should purchase an FS5, an FS7 mark 2 (which means waiting until spring), an EVA1 (which means investing in more glass), a JVC LS300, or some other camera.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
31 minutes ago, Jadesroom said:

I'm presently invested in an A7Sii, an A6500, and emount lenses. I like what I have an don't want to trade them in; however, I'd also like the form factor and options of a dedicated video camera. So, thinking three months down the line, do you think I should purchase an FS5, an FS7 mark 2 (which means waiting until spring), an EVA1 (which means investing in more glass), a JVC LS300, or some other camera.

What will you be shooting?

Since you've got two sony's and e mount glass already, I'd say FS5 or 7II. (One note before I get into this: IBC is coming very soon and depending on camera announcements, this could change.)

From the perspective of real estate vids, I think the FS5 will be plenty unless you need internal 10 bit 4K or 60p 4K.

Personally, I'd love to have an FS7II, ( I used the Mk 1 for a few weeks and it's got an amazing image), but it's $4300 more than the FS5 right now, plus the extra cost of the XQD cards and all the more expensive accessories that come with a camera that size and weight, like tripods, sliders, gimbals, cases, etc.

As a bonus, you can use the same SD cards on all 3 of your cameras if you get the FS5.

Disclaimer: I own an FS5 and A7S. But I also have a 5D3 I love, so please don't think I'm a Sony fanboy. If the EVA had a more versatile mount, I'd say it's an option, but it's $3000 more expensive anyway and it's very hard for me to recommend a camera I've never used (or even seen real footage from).