help please! is my gx85 stabilsation borked?

gethin

I never felt like the IBIS was working properly from the get go. But recently it seems to actively make everything worse.  at certain focal lengths I get better results if I switch it off.

I've tested it set to a range of focal lengths.  with the speedbooster I assume that I need to multiply by .71 so @11mm should be set to 8. and at 20mm should be set to 14.  Part of the problem is that with it off  and with the camera on a gimbal I get these micro-jitters like the sensor is on springs. Its way worse than using the exact same lens on my d5500 (and at comparable focal lengths).  

I've also tested it taking the crop factor into account. But thinking about it, this makes no sense. (as they sell an 8mm lens as 8mm not the FF equivalent). 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@gethin You're saying that with IBIS turned off that you're getting micro-jitters when the camera is mounted on a gimbal? That's not the IBIS, it's the gimbal, or the camera isn't balanced properly. Can you share a video with the camera by itself with no gimbal and IBIS on? 

oh, i never saw any mention of IBIS being adressed by firmware updates (or anything relavent to me, hence I never bothered.  But I'll give it a go.  @jonpais no its not related to gimbal it does it handheld, on monopod and tripod ;/  Anyhoo I'll update and report back :)