Blog Comments - Radioactivity - my 400fps shoot with the Nikon V1

Andrew Reid

The sensor outputs 4K raw at 30fps or 60ps, and the limited consumer Nikon image processor can do as follows:

Actually it is not that limited for an image processor in a consumer camera: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeed#Expeed_3

Would be interesting to see a new processor of this kind with SATA controller built-in (Since SSD's are large in size, maybe they could have eSATA port on camera - just like the current gen has HDMI). Would probably be quite doable, and fast enough for pushing RAW or some 10-bit format :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Something about it reminds me of early 90's era analog video the way it eats up the reds with hot spots. There's a richness to that which people typically tried to dull down, and disguise entirely because it screamed video.

Might be a neat effect if you need to shoot a Red Shoe Diaries, otherwise it's not looking terribly useful. 

Any lookout on this chip getting put into a more advanced camera?

So, after reading the blog post, I decided to get myself a V1 on eBay last week. Today, I messaged them and was told that they haven't shipped my order yet because Nikon recalled all their stock due to some memory card issues. I haven't heard of this issue mentioned anywhere so I thought prospective buyers here would like to know. Attached is the message they sent me.

For some reason the attachment wouldn't upload. So here it is on imgur

http://i.imgur.com/WyW3ysg.png