Under $30 - 600 LED lights

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Only problem is, these aren't high-output but perhaps strips of higher output LEDs could be located.  

In the comments on the video they quote the finished item as 360 lumens but you can get 660 lumens out of a 160-LED (high output) like the cheap NEEWAR CN-160 that goes for under $40 on Amazon with color temp and diffusion filters included, plus built-in dimmer and battery operation.

Yea, I noticed the lumens too.  However, it depends upon what a person wants.  Maybe the throw on the light will be better (higher value at greater distance)?  Or perhaps a person could tweak their own unique shape of light?  After seeing this video, I ordered a couple of strips for $25.00 on Ebay.  More of an experiment.   Cheers. 

Yea, I noticed the lumens too.  However, it depends upon what a person wants.  Maybe the throw on the light will be better (higher value at greater distance)?  Or perhaps a person could tweak their own unique shape of light?  After seeing this video, I ordered a couple of strips for $25.00 on Ebay.  More of an experiment.   Cheers. 

It has me thinking of special uses for these kinds of strips, for sure.  

The throw is potentially significant.  Those smaller, compact lights I've read have a faster falloff than you'd expect.  With the reflector and surface area it could still be quite useful as-is for close-ups in place of a China-Ball maybe?

It looks like it could be used as a China ball type or perhaps a  guy could make a ring light?  The CN 160 led lights give alot of light and throw a good distance.  It'll be interesting to see what these strip lights can do. 

I bought on Ebay today:

1.  $11.98 for each strip light (I bought 2)

2.  Plug adapter $1.98. (bought 2)  (of course I found cheaper pricing after buying)

3.  Dimmer $4.98  (found one after the fact for $3.27, again I over paid:)).

Total for 1 light, roughly $19.00 

I have the power adapter (can buy for $5 or so)  and clamp light (although probably can use a bowl from the dollar store).

I'll have to see if there is any banding from the lights.  The light may or may not throw that far.  I like to experiment, although I usually mess up and waste my time.  Curiousity kills the cat.  I hope I don't start a fire and end up burning my house down.  It says delivery could take 25 days.  Cheers.

^ That's pretty cool, but buying all the tools and learning to use them would cost me more than buying a 600LED light from China!!! ;)

Also, as he turns it up at the end it starts brighter on one side and brightness spreads across unevenly. Maybe they're all in series or something. I know nothing about electronics TBH...