Blog Comments - Nikon D7100 announced, gains headphone jack over D5200 but loses articulated screen

Andrew Reid

Hi Adl,

how did you do that? I was yesterday with my Ninja2 at my local store and tried the D7100 HDMI out. It doesn´t matter, which HDMI setting I choose on the D7100, I alway get a smaller Screendouble (with blackbars on each side) at the Ninja and it always show 1080p 29,9 

(Exactly what I get with my D5200)

I would very much like to know, which setting I should choose on the D7100 to get clean 1080 /25p.

Thanks in advance. Uli

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@uli

for 25p: set HDMI out to AUTO and internal recording to 25p

to get rid of the black bars: press info-button

you're welcome to try it again in your local store :)

and you could also test if 24p is possible, because I did not have the time in my local store...

I solved my problems with the D7100.

1. You have to cycle the info button while in LiveView Video mode till you get to a "clean" HDMI output.

a. You need an external monitor (even a TV) for this as the LCD gives no clue.

b. You get what you see on the external monitor.

2. After many hours of search I decided to record thru my HyperDeck Shuttle II with DNxHD 220.

a. ProRes gave my lots of problems and some of the HDSLR video guys suggesed DNxHD instead.

b. If you analysis both with MediaInfo you will see quality differences.

c. DNxHD allows you to record full resoltion, size and frame rate same as camera settings, and supposed to display better color too.

3. I had to go to AVID and download their free codecs to view/use either with QuickTime or PowerDirector 11.