Crappy Halloween

Matt Kieley

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 hours ago, Matt Kieley said:

I made a new horror/comedy short film for Halloween. Shot on the Nikon D5200 with Nikkor Ai Lenses (and the kit lens).

Lotsa fun and a great title. You should write a feature with that title.

Great touch with the spitting out of the snack mix, in both spots. 

Not sure why you didn't like the D5200, because this looked great. So damn clean in the shadows... And overall, but you still managed a nice, albeit slight filmic look to it. How did you grade it?

Of course, I recently bought a D5500, and love it, so I may be a little biased about it. Of course, if you don't like the video work arounds for checking exposure, I get that... That's why I am going to upgrade to either a D7200 or even go FF with the D750... It depends what the deals look like around the holidays.

Anyway, as always, good job. With every passing piece you do I am becoming a bigger fan of your work. 

On 11/1/2016 at 0:55 PM, mercer said:

Lotsa fun and a great title. You should write a feature with that title.

Great touch with the spitting out of the snack mix, in both spots. 

Not sure why you didn't like the D5200, because this looked great. So damn clean in the shadows... And overall, but you still managed a nice, albeit slight filmic look to it. How did you grade it?

Of course, I recently bought a D5500, and love it, so I may be a little biased about it. Of course, if you don't like the video work arounds for checking exposure, I get that... That's why I am going to upgrade to either a D7200 or even go FF with the D750... It depends what the deals look like around the holidays.

Anyway, as always, good job. With every passing piece you do I am becoming a bigger fan of your work. 

Thanks for all the compliments, it means a lot. I like the D5200, but I wasn't crazy about it. I originally did a pass with FilmConvert, and everything but the blood looked good. It was Tungsten lit/balanced, but the blood would look orange or brown depending on the stock, so the final grade is just Vegas color corrector and curves.