Aputure V-Screen 2

enny

Hi guys looking to buy Aputure V-Screen 2 that i will use with BMCC since this monitor is HDM and using a converter box since BM does not have hdm would there be any issues with resolution. I am not looking for pro and color accuracy just anamorphic viewing or cropping and focusing. Wondering if it will work in raw mode.

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I really dont want to spend 500 i am just looking for focusing zoom in zoom out and framing and specially when shooting anamorphic. I think vs is good enough for me but it comes with so many options but no sdi only hdmi but 10 dollars ebay sdi to hdmi converter takes care of that i just know if you loose resolution when using hdmi to sdi

19 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Not sure how well that converter is going to do for you, as I've never used one. But I do own a VS-2, and love it. It's not color/contrast accurate, but it's big and sharp and affordable, and offers all the necessary focus/exposure tools.

VS2 is it sdi or hdmi

10 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

VS2: $280

Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converter: $80

Total cost: $360

VS-5: $500

What am I missing here?

My bad, I thought they were around $150.

9 hours ago, enny said:

VS2 is it sdi or hdmi

HDMI In only. No HDMI out, no SDI at all, but it less than $300. It's a little contrasty, but the focus peaking seems as accurate as the NX1 and the false color sure is handy.