Picture profile testing on the Canon 1DX MkII

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for sharing these. If that's you, you have good screen presence. I would like to see  more dramatic tests like these using more lights even if it's just one more to see less contrast and more colors in play and also med to wider shots. I feel like tests like these with people acting or blocking in it is most helpful to see what these cameras can do in a narrative setting. It's hard to tell sometimes from just vacation shots and toy models what emotions the camera can create.

6 hours ago, Hanriverprod said:

Thanks for sharing these. If that's you, you have good screen presence. I would like to see  more dramatic tests like these using more lights even if it's just one more to see less contrast and more colors in play and also med to wider shots. I feel like tests like these with people acting or blocking in it is most helpful to see what these cameras can do in a narrative setting. It's hard to tell sometimes from just vacation shots and toy models what emotions the camera can create.

Thanks, that's me. I also find test of vacation pictures or toys less useful. This particular test was really so I could gage the latitude of the various profiles. I may shoot a short with some actors soon. It's really about learning the art and how best to effectively use the tools.  Noise seems pretty good on the 1DX MKII, which makes it much more flexible than a traditional cinema camera when lighting is less than ideal.

Did you have a preference for any of the profiles? 

12 hours ago, DBounce said:

Thanks, that's me. I also find test of vacation pictures or toys less useful. This particular test was really so I could gage the latitude of the various profiles. I may shoot a short with some actors soon. It's really about learning the art and how best to effectively use the tools.  Noise seems pretty good on the 1DX MKII, which makes it much more flexible than a traditional cinema camera when lighting is less than ideal.

Did you have a preference for any of the profiles? 

I like flaat10 if you're going for a more natural look. Also cinestyle. But if it's like a hyper-reality with that moody music, super tightshot and a very contrasty scene then I can see fine detail working. But that ones too dark and maybe oversaturated? (on my screen) to make a clear choice.