Best Taking Lens for GH3?

elubes

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

What are you looking for? Wide, normal, tele? Bright? Sharp?

I'd say, experiment! You can put almost anything on the GH3 with adapters. Buy some lenses on eBay for cheap, see what is the widest focal length possible (i'd say some 35mm's will work). Keep the ones you like, loose the ones you don't..

The Helios will do fine. Personally I'd want to have something wider as well. 40mm Hexar f/1.8 is popular and small. You could also try a brighter 50/58mm. I like my Minolta 58mm f/1.4 on my Kowa.

Thanks Julian,

I really appreciate the response.

I'm looking for something wider preferably.  I bought the helios off of Andrew Reids recommendation, but it's just too telephoto for me on a GH2.

Something that flares as nicely too at about a 25mm would be great.  I hear the FD lenses are good.  Will take a look at the minolta.

E

25mm is going to give you a 'tunnel view' if you use the whole 3,55:1 aspect ratio. Not sure how much of the image you would still be able to use without vignetting. I'll give it a try with my 28mm.

I shot this on a GH2 with Minolta 35mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.7 and 100mm f/2.5 and the Kowa B&H. The GH2 has actually a bit wider sensor than the GH3 and 35mm almost works without vignetting.

http://vimeo.com/53787515

Most of the beginning is shot with the 35mm, so is the end. Around 1:47 you can see some of the corners of the lens, because of the sun light reflecting inside the anamorphic.