Letus35 anamorphx worth it?

Alin

Hi I'm getting into anamorphic motion work and would like to know from someone who owned the letus35 or has worked with one. FYI: I'm probably going to use it on a full size sensor camera.

Is it user friendly or just a giant clunky beast? Is the juice worth the squeeze? 

How easy it it to focus? Can you rack focus or is it a dual focus job? 

They say you can use a zoom lens but does it have to be an internal zooming lens because the lens is attached to the letus35?

is it worth the money or should I hunt eBay for projector lens and throw on the slr Magic rangefinder at the end to allow for rack focus? 

Thanks for any advice and expertise in advance!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for the response Aaron. 

Were you using an external monitor that corrects for the anamorphic perspective or were you just using the monitor on the C100? From what I read you hook up the camera lens to the Letus35, set it to infinity then use the focusing ring on the Letus35 to pull focus. What that your experience?

22 minutes ago, Alin said:

Thanks for the response Aaron. 

Were you using an external monitor that corrects for the anamorphic perspective or were you just using the monitor on the C100? From what I read you hook up the camera lens to the Letus35, set it to infinity then use the focusing ring on the Letus35 to pull focus. What that your experience?

I was using the SmallHD 502 which has desqueeze. It all depending on the distance and the focal length to where I set the lens focus. Basically just trial and error till it looked right. Some of the users up in the anamorphic sub thread could probably give you some better advice on which adapters/lenses to use.

21 hours ago, Ed David said:

I own one - I need to do more tests.

It takes the digital edge off of footage which I like - but yes, it's big

I've searched YouTube to see if anyone shows how easy or hard it is to focus but nothing's NY showed up. I imagine for the money the optics are pretty sharpe? I'd love to see some tests!