Shot matching with NX1 and C100 ??

NX1user

Has anybody here done a shoot with these two cameras? I have an NX1 and will have access to a C100 and am wondering by using C-Log and Gamma DR if it would be possible to match shots. The shots are for a short-film narrative production and the director and I are thinking there's one scene where using two cameras would be better than one, but not if the end result looks like it came out of two vastly different cameras.

Any thoughts?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Skin tones are similar, I've used my NX1 as a B-cam on a feature I'm working on to a C100.

https://vimeo.com/143948850 is an example. @3:13 till 3:31 in the video is cross cutting between an NX1 and a C100 during a wedding ceremony. Bride is C100 (Canon 70-200 L) , Groom is NX1 (50-150 S)

EDIT: You will have to grade to match, but they are close enough that it should not distract. Just make sure that you have color matched lenses (I.E. if you use Canon glass on one, use canon glass on another) and you should be fine. 

Skin tones are similar, I've used my NX1 as a B-cam on a feature I'm working on to a C100.

https://vimeo.com/143948850 is an example. @3:13 till 3:31 in the video is cross cutting between an NX1 and a C100 during a wedding ceremony. Bride is C100 (Canon 70-200 L) , Groom is NX1 (50-150 S)

EDIT: You will have to grade to match, but they are close enough that it should not distract. Just make sure that you have color matched lenses (I.E. if you use Canon glass on one, use canon glass on another) and you should be fine. 

Thanks for the info and the example! That's super helpful. I appreciate it!!

Geoff,

Did you use C-LOG and Gamma DR? IF not, do you remember what settings you used? I've got a C100 and a Atoms Ninja for the day and I'm trying to get the footage to match with my NX1.