Lens Help EF mount version or E mount?

exomonkeyman

Hello There guys i have a simple but important question to ask.

Let's say i wanna buy a samyang 85mm t1.5, is it worth buying a E Mount base straight for my A7RII or an EF mount base than adapt that with the adapter.

Iv'e seen that some lenses have a lower scores because of there mount (nikon,sony,canon) is this because when a lens is adapted from EF to E or the other way around, it get's reduced sharpness because it simply works better on EF fit.

Curious if it's just best to keep the EF fit then adapt it to sony to guarantee the best optical performance? Or just buy an E mount glass to fit with no adapter?. Sound stupid i know but is this a known problem with 3rd party lenses? Sigma,Samyang,Tamron etc etc.

Source: DXOMARK comparason

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hello There guys i have a simple but important question to ask.

Let's say i wanna buy a samyang 85mm t1.5, is it worth buying a E Mount base straight for my A7RII or an EF mount base than adapt that with the adapter.

Iv'e seen that some lenses have a lower scores because of there mount (nikon,sony,canon) is this because when a lens is adapted from EF to E or the other way around, it get's reduced sharpness because it simply works better on EF fit.

Curious if it's just best to keep the EF fit then adapt it to sony to guarantee the best optical performance? Or just buy an E mount glass to fit with no adapter?. Sound stupid i know but is this a known problem with 3rd party lenses? Sigma,Samyang,Tamron etc etc.

Source: DXOMARK comparason

First of all a adapter with no glass will not effect image quality so the E mount version of the sammy is not less sharp than the canon mount.

I'd push you to buy the nikon mount samyang 85mm becuase nikon mount is the most adaptable and can be  used on most cameras.

"Iv'e seen that some lenses have a lower scores because of there mount (nikon,sony,canon) is this because when a lens is adapted from EF to E or the other way around, it get's reduced sharpness because it simply works better on EF fit."

That is because the different mounts have difference sensors, lets say canon has a 50mp sensor and sony a 36mp sensor. The lens will score higher on the canon because you can see more detail.

First of all a adapter with no glass will not effect image quality so the E mount version of the sammy is not less sharp than the canon mount.

I'd push you to buy the nikon mount samyang 85mm becuase nikon mount is the most adaptable and can be  used on most cameras.

"Iv'e seen that some lenses have a lower scores because of there mount (nikon,sony,canon) is this because when a lens is adapted from EF to E or the other way around, it get's reduced sharpness because it simply works better on EF fit."

That is because the different mounts have difference sensors, lets say canon has a 50mp sensor and sony a 36mp sensor. The lens will score higher on the canon because you can see more detail.

Oh awesome, Might look into Nikon mounts

Seems strange to rate a lens because of it's body's megapixels, thought a lens comparison site would have had more equal tests but i guess things change as the years go by.

Thanks i kinda thought that the lower score on the charts meant that something was wrong with the lens on certain mounts you see. Much appreciated.

Oh awesome, Might look into Nikon mounts

Seems strange to rate a lens because of it's body's megapixels, thought a lens comparison site would have had more equal tests but i guess things change as the years go by.

Thanks i kinda thought that the lower score on the charts meant that something was wrong with the lens on certain mounts you see. Much appreciated.

yes i agree but sharpness is a though one to messure because the sensor changes it so much. The vingetting, chromatic aberation and distortion is equal on all sensors.