GH3 / New Canon FF - Flat Picture Style Comparison... inquiry.

Germy1979

So,

Before I get Sodomized like forum Roid Rage for the title to the thread, the purpose here is that I like shooting as close to a "Log" style profile as possible.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to play with a new 6D with the CInestyle profile on it.  For New Years, we decided to burn the Christmas tree at 2:00 in the morning....completely sober of course. 

My friend and I saw this as an opportunity to test its low light/DR capabilities... 

We used the new Rokinon 35mm T1.5 Cine at around F/2 I believe.  The Iso was upwards around 12,000 + however.  This, with Cinestyle, yielded a clean low light image that saw more than we could.  I was pretty impressed...  What was really cool also though, was when the tree erupted like a Jubilee and didn't blow the whole scene apart.  Clipped, yes...  but the GH2 I was holding let out a resounding fart, and told me it would call me tomorrow. 

I know a Full Frame is supposed to gather more light and thus, do better in low light than a M43 sensor (in theory)..   The GH3 has far more options though in terms of Picture Styles than the 2 did, and the Latitude is said to be better on the 3. 

I know the Panasonic will win the resolution contest here, I've seen plenty of those comparisons.. lol.  I'd like to see a "Flat Picture Style" comparison vid though that shows a nice Log style image ready for grading! 

Maybe just put Cinestyle on one of the new Canons, and see if the GH3 can match it at that point...? 

I'm asking because the Panasonic won't throw rainbows up everywhere if I point it at a roof like a Canon will.  (Sans 5D3..  but that's $3000 vs $1300.)  The Panny has a lot more detail, better codec, 1080 slowmo, versatile lens mount, blah blah, etc.  The Canon undeniably whooped the GH2's ass the other night in the high iso low light category..  So it'd be nice to rule that out it you could get close on the GH3. 

Probably a dumb inquiry, yes...  But i'd like some (gentle) input if someone had experience in this area with both cams! 

Thanks!!!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs