Montreal with the Voigtlander 25mm F0.95 88mbit EOSHD hack

cparente10

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Oh god! That lens! I need one soooo bad! ;-)

Love this by the way. nice and subtle. I love how the Bladerunner soundtrack of the late 70's overlays beautifully over the rain soaked Montreal skyline at night. Very nice.

I hope you don't mind but I have one critique: I noticed the stabilization a lot. I Personally struggle with trying to balance the use of stabilization and just trying to get the high frequency jitters out. Especially since most of my lenses are long and I only have a single lens with image stabilization. Most of my footage comes out super jittery. So, usually I just stabilize on X and Y at really low values and leave the normal handheld weaving in.

Everything else is beautiful though.

[quote name='galenb' timestamp='1351482149' post='20522']
Oh god! That lens! I need one soooo bad! ;-)

Love this by the way. nice and subtle. I love how the Bladerunner soundtrack of the late 70's overlays beautifully over the rain soaked Montreal skyline at night. Very nice.

I hope you don't mind but I have one critique: I noticed the stabilization a lot. I Personally struggle with trying to balance the use of stabilization and just trying to get the high frequency jitters out. Especially since most of my lenses are long and I only have a single lens with image stabilization. Most of my footage comes out super jittery. So, usually I just stabilize on X and Y at really low values and leave the normal handheld weaving in.

Everything else is beautiful though.
[/quote]

Thanks! I will take any feedback. I hate the way the stabalization looks in this video too - haven't really messed around with values in Premiere CS6 that much but it sounds like something I should try out.

• 2 weeks later...
that vangelis song is now the offical themesong of this lens.

i liked the footage. about the stabalization issues, yeah it can be a bit jarring at times, but the thing that puts me at ease when i have to use it is the question of whether the shaky original would be more jarring, usually, the answer is yes. plus everyone knows what a shaky camera looks like and can chalk it up to amaturism, but less people know what software stabalization look like.. heheh. and if it's just too much, thats what pickups (and the cutting room floor) are for. sometimes i like how surreal it can make camera movements look.