NEX 5N does a Religious Documentary

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I once was camera assistant for a video doc shot on SD U-matic high called [i]beauty & awareness[/i], produced by some rich german, lifted women, who sought spirituality in their lavish lifestyle. They invited a fat american female guru, the whole show was in american english, with the germans trying to sound californian above their heavy german accent. The rooms were white and lit with soft bounced highkey, smoothing their skin. They took each other by the hands and expressed their dedication to beauty, that came out of a pure heart. In the end, the guru performed a playback to Michael Jacksons [i]man in the mirror[/i], and it became apparent that she was a transvestite. Ever since I discovered youtube, I tried to find the film, but couldn't. Perhaps I misunderstood your approach, but nothing is funnier than reality.

I liked it. It was very funny at times, but had a pacing that was too slow, I think. And the asthetic was great, with the titling, the framing and the editing, and the actor (although that seems to be one of the reasons for the slow pacing). I just wish you had gone further with the VHS look, 'cause I think you got close but it wasnt enough. Perhaps a black vignette and a skewed wiggling lower part of the image could have added a lot to the look.

Anyways, I think I got what you were doing and I liked it.