CANON 1D-C

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1346116427' post='16665']
Sure the C300 is nice but I don't agree with your assessment of the FS700, it isn't a gimmick camera or a bitch.

And I know a lot of bitches and gimmicks :)

The FS700 is one of the most future proof cameras out there not to mention the fact it is a full $6000 cheaper than the C300. Again the codec issue is sorted out by a $200 external box the size of a 2.5" USB hard drive, and again I just don't agree that it falls a long way short of the C300. The F3's image is actually superior to the C300, because it is 10bit and LOG. That makes a difference, more so than the fancy sub-sampling on the C300's sensor.
[/quote][quote name='EOSHD' timestamp='1346116427' post='16665']
Sure the C300 is nice but I don't agree with your assessment of the FS700, it isn't a gimmick camera or a bitch.

And I know a lot of bitches and gimmicks :)

The FS700 is one of the most future proof cameras out there not to mention the fact it is a full $6000 cheaper than the C300. Again the codec issue is sorted out by a $200 external box the size of a 2.5" USB hard drive, and again I just don't agree that it falls a long way short of the C300. The F3's image is actually superior to the C300, because it is 10bit and LOG. That makes a difference, more so than the fancy sub-sampling on the C300's sensor.
[/quote]

Sorry to ask this again but you didn't answer

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Does the FS700 output in HD higher than 8 bit through it's HD-SDI? I couldn't seem to confirm this anywhere. I know it's supposed to be 10bit (or 12bit?) when the eventual 4K recorder/firmware comes out but I'm confused about what it outputs in HD. Everything I saw online tells me that in HD the HD-SDI out is only 8 bit.. This is a big deal to me since the C300 can output to an external recorder 422 ProRes as well but it's only 8 bit...[/font][/color]

[quote name='HurtinMinorKey' timestamp='1346108595' post='16655']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WoXiSUz8A

I will admit that I think there is something about the c300 output that looks especially fimic when used properly. If that makes me a fanboy, then so be it. The truth is, from all the sample footage i've seen, the c300 owns the fs700.

Think about it: the fs700 was designed to be the Sony F3's bitch in terms of IQ, and that's what it looks like. The F3 is comparable to the c300. Using transitivity, fs700 is the c300's bitch. The fs700 is a gimmic camera.
[/quote]

Lmao. This could go on and on...

I love to run and gun, so the C300 has a form factor that's appealing. All of the Cinema EOS stuff is awesome... It's just way too RETARDED expensive! Now there are hate groups devoted to Canon... Bite the curb Canon! i'd give a testicle to shoot with a C500, the problem is, i don't think even appendages hold enough market value to compete with Canon products anymore. (really...it's just a Red One.).

Talking shit about cameras is like a past time.. It's like "Rome is Burning" for Photogs... Lol. I just think it's funny when it gets personal..
I like my T2i and i like how Canon delivers color. As big a "no-no" as this is, i put my picture profile on "landscape" the other night with a Nikon 85mm AIS f2, and watched a sunset.. It was absolutely gorgeous. Was it a keeper? I bet if i push the contrast to bring out the orange hues a bit more, then all the blacks will take a giant shit and it's over.

• 2 weeks later...
New Canon Pricing???????????????????? Australia company listing for sub $10,000? That would be more realistic pricing due to the competition here and coming.
[url="http://www.techrific.com.au/canon-eos-1d-c-digital-slr-camera-body-only-1dc-free-gift-12mth-local-warranty-p-2956.html"]http://www.techrific.com.au/canon-eos-1d-c-digital-slr-camera-body-only-1dc-free-gift-12mth-local-warranty-p-2956.html[/url]