Latest Magic Lantern...Free Download

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Tried the new ML. Very well done! Only issue so far is the cbr. I have a 600x card and getting some stoppage (seems to happen when the card gets half full) - it could be me too. Still need to experiment more. The new scopes are excellent.

By the way, these guys may pull of some more amazing things...422 color space!
Check the link out:
[url="http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1992.0"]http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1992.0[/url]

I just updated today.. It won't let me dial in a 180 degree shutter? Are you having that problem? It's weird. I get the option of like, 147.3 or something like that... Probably negligible and no big deal, but why would that be an option...

Probably just operator error. Haven't had any time to really tinker with it, but it did look killer

This release is absolutely amazing! The only thing I really miss from one of the independent firmware builds is the ability to swap video mode with A-DEP on the dial, that was great because manual and video, the only modes I ever actually use, were right next to one another. Apart from that, it's the greatest and most stable camera hack ever created! :D

I'll be boring all my friends about it for at least a month.

Make sure to switch off audio recording if you want ultra-high bit-rates. With a quick card and audio off, I can get CBR2.8 to run even in motion shots at ISO3200 without stopping. The average on one shot was about 98mbps!

Jgharding,

This is exciting stuff. I've been only able to get around 70 mbps (600x card). Keep up with any tips. I'm the type of guy who'll read, read, read, then miss something only to figure it out later after reading again. I forgot about the audio tip. Any other tips, please post.

Have you tried the:
1. ISO functions?
(excellent explanation: [url="http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/ISO"]http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/ISO[/url])
2. recommended Flat Picture style?
3. other favorites?

Cheers

Hey Magic Lantern users. The one thing that is desired is getting the quality up on the Canon's. Can they get the bitrates up higher with better quality in the picture.

Interesting stuff happening with Magic Lantern with their bitrate investigation! These programmers are excellent. They are investigating Bitrates further and are onto something of possible significance. If they can get the detail in the range of a GH2 then big WOW!!!

Some quotes from a programmer (this guy is amazing).

[i]I just recorded all I frames and its [u][b]REALLY easy on the buffer[/b][/u] but [b][u]bitrates are still high 90s/100s with no buffer warnings.[/u][/b] Wonder what's up with quality. [/i]

[i]If we can stop the error 70 and this doesn't adversely impact quality it would be a winner. I've never written such high BR video this consistently.[/i]

[i]*Gop3 is also easy on the buffer. Q-16 locked it produces high 90s to 110 with ~14% buffer usage. 3 and 6 is what the GH1 people were using.[/i]

[i]The programmer 1% says, "If we can stop the error 70 and this doesn't adversely impact quality it would be a winner. I've never written such high BR video this consistently."[/i]

[b]This programmer figured out the location of the error 70 now. Will they be able to fix it? This is only for ML interest sake. No guarantees. [/b]

Any programmers on this board by chance who may know how to fix? Below is the latest post by 1% from Magic Lantern.

The error 70 is coming from here:

Code: [url="javascript:void(0);"][Select][/url]
FF255194: e59f2364 ldr r2, [pc, #868] ; 0xff255500: pointer to 0xa0f ⬁
FF255198: e28f1e32 add r1, pc, #800 ; *'FcreateFcsMaker.c' ⬁
FF25519C: e28f0e33 add r0, pc, #816 ; 0xff2554d4: pointer to 0x30 ⬁
FF2551A0: ebf6fc55 bl assert_0 ⬁
FF2551A4: e5d4c00f ldrb r12, [r4, #15]

It is called here:

Code: [url="javascript:void(0);"][Select][/url]
str:fcsSetThmMovieDesc_FcreateFcsMaker.c+728: assert_0(0xFF2554D4, 'FcreateFcsMaker.c', 2575)