Nikon D750 features "flippy screen" technology (and we're supposed to be excited about that?)

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Video people complaining about stills camera, lmao. It hasn't been made for you in the first place. This is ridiculous.

Yes, you're right, but I think this works as a classic example of the power of brand recognition.

People are projecting their personal wishes, even their personal pride, onto these big brands. The fact that Nikon do dSLR's rather than video cameras doesn't (seem to) matter. Also the hardcore Nikon fanbois are known to be even more ferocious than their Canon cousins. 

On the other hand, in defence of the complainers here, Nikon have used pro level video as a selling point with these cameras. I haven't seen any ads for the D750, but apparently Nikon have touted the D800/810 as a pro video camera in their own marketing copy. So I wouldn't go as far as calling it ridiculous. Pointless, perhaps, but not entirely ridiculous.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

My video cameras that I shoot with everyday are the GH4, the 60D, the Nikon D5300, two rebels (600/1100D)...

All stills cameras... The blog is called EOSHD, the community is based on stills cameras that shoot video, so when the largest maker announces a new camera, we will sure discuss it and find out how good it is.

These are not just stills cameras anymore, accept that, they started a revolution in the filmmaking world and exceeded most video cameras on the market.

My video cameras that I shoot with everyday are the GH4, the 60D, the Nikon D5300, two rebels (600/1100D)...

All stills cameras... The blog is called EOSHD, the community is based on stills cameras that shoot video, so when the largest maker announces a new camera, we will sure discuss it and find out how good it is.

These are not just stills cameras anymore, accept that, they started a revolution in the filmmaking world and exceeded most video cameras on the market.

No offense intended, Ebrahim, but... duh. 

On the other hand, in defence of the complainers here, Nikon have used pro level video as a selling point with these cameras. I haven't seen any ads for the D750, but apparently Nikon have touted the D800/810 as a pro video camera in their own marketing copy. So I wouldn't go as far as calling it ridiculous. Pointless, perhaps, but not entirely ridiculous.

Yeah, point taken, not entirely ridiculous ;)