5D III RAW ML + Anamorphic questions

zerocool22

Hey,

I am shooting 5D III ML Raw video and I have a kowa 2X bell and howell with the slr magic diopter kit. And for the moment only a 1000x komputerbay CF card. But I have some questions regarding shooting with this kit.

1: When focussing the anamorphic with and without diopters, do you use some kind of measuring tool(like a rolmeter)? 3, 10, 20 Feet as marked on the anamorphic? I find focusing very difficult especially when using the diopters. (and not sure what lens I need to focus first).

2: For the moment i use a canon 100mm f2.0 taking lens. But I see a lot of people using the helios 58mm 44. Can I use this lens in full frame with 5D III ML RAW 2X? Or only when zoomed in using the magnifier tool(Do I loose sharpness/detail/quality this way)? 

3: I can not seem to be able to select the 4:3 aspect ratio with 1920/1080 resolution, do I need a faster card(if so which do you recommend)?

4: I like the helios 58mm 44 swirly bokeh, but how is the overal lens sharpness compared to the canon 100mm f2.0? 

Thanks! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, BrorSvensson said:

i can only answer the helios 58 aspects of this post.

58mm is too wide for 2x anamorphic on full frame. The helios is not close on sharpness as the canon 100mm but thats not what the helios is about, its about the charakter

Thanks, is there a setting on the 5D III ML RAW so I can use this lens and not loose IQ?